Answers to frequently asked questions
About Sandia Area
- Where is Sandia Area located and what are your hours?
- How can I become a member of Sandia Area?
- What is your routing number?
- What is a Credit Union?
- Is my money that I have on deposit at Sandia Area insured?
- How is Sandia Area different from a bank?
- What is the email address for the credit union?
General Account Information
- How do I add or remove joint owners from my account?
- How do I change my address on my account?
- How do I sign up for direct deposit?
- What is Phishing?
- What is Vishing?
- What should I do if I think I've been a victim of identity theft?
- What should I do if my wallet is lost or stolen?
EMV Chip Technology
- Can I still swipe my card to pay?
- How do I get a PIN if I donít already know it?
- How do I use my PIN (Personal Identification Number) at a merchant terminal?
- How does chip technology protect my information?
- What is a chip card?
- What is EMV?
- Where can I use a chip card?
- Why is the terminal not asking for my PIN?
- Will I have to pay any fees to use a chip card?
- Can I buy or cash in savings bonds at your office?
- Can my payroll be deposited directly into different accounts?
- Do you exchange foreign currency?
- Do you have safe deposit boxes?
- Do you offer business accounts?
- Do you offer notary services?
- Does the credit union have any open positions for employment?
- Does the credit union offer travelers checks and money orders?
- Does the credit union offer wire transfers?
- For which utility bills do you accept payment?
- I need to place a stop payment on a check. How can I do that?
- If a member is under the age of 18, can they apply for a loan, MasterCard credit and/or Debit Card, or overdraft protection?
- Can I add a custom photo for my security photo?
- Can I use personal finance software such as Quicken?
- How do I log in to Online Banking?
- How do I sign up for Online Banking?
- What browsers are supported?
- What if I forget my password?
- What if I forget my User ID?
- What if I forget the answers to my security questions?
- What is a User ID?
- What should I do if my Online Banking login fails?
- Why am I being prompted to change my security features?
- Why canít I program a new Online Bill Pay payee?
Online Bill Pay
- What is Online Bill Pay?
- What is required to use Online Bill Pay?
- How do I enroll?
- How much does Online Bill Pay cost?
- Iíve enrolled in Online Bill Pay. What do I do now?
- What is the cutoff time for submitting payments?
- How can I see which payments are pending or have been paid?
- Can I use personal finance software such as Quicken to schedule bill payments?
- Can I stop a payment I have scheduled?
- How do I schedule payments?
- What are recurring payments?
- Is there a guarantee that my payment will get to the payee on time?
- How can I avoid any payment delays and maximize my electronic payees?
- Can I use Mobile Banking to schedule payments?
- Do you offer Mobile Banking?
- Help - I Lost My Phone!
- How do I access Mobile Banking?
- How does Mobile Banking work?
- Is Mobile Banking secure?
eStatements and eNotices
- Do I need any special hardware or software to use the eStatement service?
- Does it matter what browser I use to access the web site?
- When I click to view my eStatement, it opens a blank window real quick, then closes and doesn't show my eStatement. What is the issue?
- Do I have to be registered for Online Banking or Online Bill Pay services in order to register for eStatements?
- How can I register my account for eStatements?
- What if I am having trouble registering?
- How will I know when my registration has been completed?
- How will I know when I can view my statement?
- Can I print my statement?
- How long will my statement or notice be available for viewing?
- What happens if I forget my password?
- Can I change my password?
- What if I have multiple account numbers?
- What do I do if my email address changes?
- What do I do if I'm having trouble viewing my statement?
- Does Sandia Area charge a fee to use an ATM?
- How long is the hold on deposits made at an ATM?
- Is there a charge to get an ATM card?
Loans and Credit
- By what methods can I pay on my loan at Sandia Area?
- Can the credit union give me a copy of my credit report?
- Do you have to be a member to apply for a loan?
- Do you offer mortgages?
- Does the credit union offer business loans?
- How can I apply for a loan?
- How do I get pre-approved for a loan?
- Can I get overdraft protection?
- Does the credit union put a hold on checks?
- How can I reorder checks?
- What should I do if my checks were lost or stolen?
- Can I use my debit card outside the United States?
- Is there a charge for a new debit card?
- What are the daily limits for a debit card?
- What is a debit card authorization hold?
- What is a debit card? What is a check card?
- Who do I contact if my debit/credit card is lost or stolen?
IRAs and Retirement
- I am recently unemployed, can I rollover my 401(k) to an IRA?
- What is a Roth IRA?
- Who can contribute to a Roth IRA?
Other Products and ServicesGo to main navigation