While Computer Security Day is observed annually on November 30, follow our checklist to make your online experience a little safer every day of the year.
- Update your computer software.
- Make sure antivirus software is installed, up to date, and running.
- Always use strong passwords (password tips can be found here).
- Remove unused programs.
- Protect your home wireless network with a password, and change your password periodically.
- Regularly back up important data, either to secure cloud storage or a secure external hard drive.
- Don’t allow your web browser to store or remember your passwords.
- Periodically remove temporary internet files.
- Log off the computer when you’re not using it.
- Make sure your mobile devices (phones, tablets, laptops) are password protected.
- Don’t click any suspicious links in emails or while browsing the internet.
Get more online safety tips from our Security Center here.
« Return to "Articles of Interest"