Home > Bank > Youth & Student > Youth Savings Accounts
Because money doesn't grow on trees...
Smart money skills start here.
Prepare your children for a life of financial success
The financial lessons children are taught early in life will influence the decisions they make once they start earning and handling their own money. Start your kids on the right track by opening a Youth Savings account with Sandia Area.
Our Youth Savings account gives kids 12 and younger the opportunity to make deposits and withdrawals, learn about dividends, and discover and how a savings account can help them earn money.
- Save some of the money you get from doing chores, from allowance and gifts. Saving just 25¢ of every dollar you get will add up.
- Make one or more savings goals and stick to them.
- Learn to keep a budget, which is a record of how much money you get and how you spend it.
- Spend your money wisely so you always have some left to save.
- Keep your money safe by putting it in a Sandia Area savings account.
- Help your money grow faster by keeping it in your savings account. The credit union gives you extra money, called dividends for keeping your money there.
- Try to make a deposit in your savings account every month.
Our online financial services are not designed for or directed toward children under the age of thirteen. We do not solicit or collect data from children.Go to main navigation