We encourage you to manage your finances responsibly but we all know things happen. That’s why it’s important to have a financial safety net. With Courtesy Pay and Courtesy Pay + from Sandia Area, you can make sure checking and debit card transactions are covered—even when your account lacks sufficient funds.
Opt in to Courtesy Pay+
We will not authorize to pay overdrafts for certain types of transactions unless you opt-in to our Courtesy Pay + Overdraft Program. Please read the following information and complete form below to opt-in for Sandia Area Federal Credit Union Courtesy Pay + Overdraft Program.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a line of credit for those who qualify or a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks written on your account
- ACH withdrawals from your account
- Online Bill Pay transactions
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- Everyday debit card transactions
- ATM transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Sandia Area Federal Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $29 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
- Your account will need to have a positive balance within 30 days
Courtesy Pay is not a loan. Before using Courtesy Pay, we will first attempt to clear the item by using any Overdraft Protection plan you may have in place. You will receive notification when transactions are paid using your Courtesy Pay benefit. Please note that we are not obligated to notify you before we pay or return an item or deny a transaction. Program parameters include:
- $29 fee will be assessed for each overdraft
- Maximum of three overdraft fees charged per day (if overdrafts exceed three in a day, the account remains open, but no additional fees will be charged)
- Total overdrafts cannot exceed $2,200, including fees
- 30 days to bring the account back to positive status
- You may opt out of Courtesy Pay + by clicking here