Savvy investors keep at least a portion of their portfolio in fixed-income investments that are not subject to the ups and downs of the stock market. Banks call them CDs, we call them Share Certificates. Whatever you call them, they are a safe and comfortable way to get higher yields from your savings.
With a Certificate from Sandia Area, you deposit the money for a set period of time, usually between six months and four years, and in return, you receive a higher dividends rate than with a traditional savings account. The longer your term deposit, the more you earn. It’s a simple way to boost your savings and prepare for your financial future.
Benefits of Certificates
- Provides higher dividends earnings than a regular savings account
- Offers fixed, steady growth for your long-term savings needs
- Can be used in IRAs
- Comes with terms from 6 months to 4 years
- Is insured to at least $250,000 by NCUA
- Requires only $500 minimum deposit to open
For Certificate rates, click here. Some restrictions may apply. Penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal and could reduce earnings. $500 minimum required for Share Certificates. Sandia Area Membership is required.Go to main navigation