We help you to protect your Sandia Area Mastercard with features like EVM Chip Technology and Mastercard ID Theft Protection. Learn more about these features by clicking on the links below.
Security Tips for Your Sandia Area Mastercard
- Sign the back of your card immediately to help protect your card from unauthorized use.
- Always protect your debit card and keep it in a safe place, just as you would cash, credit cards or checks.
- Do not leave your debit card lying around the house or on your desk at work.
- If your card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used fraudulently, report it immediately.
- If your card is lost or stolen, your card will be canceled and a new card will be ordered for you.
- Always take sales receipts. Hold on to receipts from your transactions. Don't throw them in public trashcans or even in your own trash without first shredding them. Crooks are known to "dumpster-dive" for documents that contain personal information.
- Memorize your PIN and do not write it on your card.
- Don't choose a PIN a smart thief could figure out, such as letters corresponding to your birth date or your phone number.
- Never give your PIN to anyone, keep it private.
- Always know how much money you have in your account and review your monthly statements carefully.
- Keep your receipts in one place for easy retrieval and better oversight of your account.
- Never give your card number over the phone unless you initiated the call and are certain that the recipient is legitimate.