Online Social Media Policies and Guidelines
We are excited to share what we're doing in our communities. Sandia Area has active sites on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. However, because the financial services industry is such a highly regulated industry, we have to follow certain rules.
Our social media pages are public, which means that anyone can see your posts on Facebook and Twitter and your posts may even show up in search-engine results. While we want to foster healthy discussion, we may occasionally remove posts that don't fit our community guidelines.
Because our social media pages are public and anyone can participate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own. In addition, we are unable to service account-specific requests through our social media channels. If you are a member with a specific question about a Sandia Area account, please log-in to our Online Banking, call (505) 292-6343, or visit one of our neighborhood locations. If you are interested in becoming a member, call (505) 292-6343, visit one of our neighborhood locations, or open an account online.
Sandia Area, through our social media presence, may occasionally identify individuals seeking assistance with banking-related issues. That individual may receive a direct communication from the credit union offering other Sandia Area channels to help address those concerns as smoothly and effectively as possible.
When visiting our social media channels, we encourage everyone to:
- Never post personal, identifying, or confidential information
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy, and be respectful of others
- Submit your own original content, and avoid content that you know to be fraudulent
- Do not post someone else's copyrighted work unless you have permission
Private or financially-sensitive information will never be requested through social media channels. Members should not disclose sensitive information such as account usernames and numbers, passwords, PINs, Social Security numbers, or account details through social media. Except for posting winner names as related to, or identified with, giveaways, contests, or other promotions, Sandia Area will not post identifiable member information on the page.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children, and we do not knowingly market to children online. We recognize that protecting children's identities and online privacy is important, and while we will delete posts known to originate from users under 13, that responsibility ultimately rests with the parents.
Sandia Area does not endorse any comments made by its employees, unless they are an authorized representative of the credit union. All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone and do not constitute an official position of Sandia Area, unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the credit union) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of that authorized representative.
Our social media pages are moderated by Sandia Area employees. All comments and posts will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem are abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate. Please note: our pages are places for conversations between and among individuals and Sandia Area and are not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit Sandia.org for more information about specific products and services.
- Do not post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our pages may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our social media sites are not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious emails should be forwarded to email@example.com.
- Sandia Area reserves the right to ban any user from our pages without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature or that instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
- Please note that we'll make every effort to respond to comments and posts in a timely manner. However, we can't guarantee that we'll reply to every comment.
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated.
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind—including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language.
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organization.
- Discriminatory or that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading in any way.
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user's computer.
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that comments remain on topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic that is being discussed within that wall post. While we welcome reasonable critiques, we may delete negative comments about Sandia Area and/or our competitors that aren't relevant and don't add to the overall experience.
In addition, we may remove identical posts by the same user or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will leave the first submission and delete the duplicates.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policies
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement on any party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any content to our social media pages, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our sites to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs, or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our Facebook page, you are granting Sandia Area Federal Credit Union nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We may occasionally post links to external sites owned by other organizations which we consider potentially useful to our members and to our community. While these businesses may have a relationship with Sandia Area to provide products or services to our members, they are not under our direct control. Therefore, Sandia Area is not responsible for the product, service, website content, security or privacy policies on any external third-party sites.
Privacy and Security Policies
Sandia Area Federal Credit Union reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.Go to main navigation