Applying for Community Support or Sponsorships
In addition to our structured giving program, we receive hundreds of sponsorship requests each year from a wide range of organizations and it is impossible for Sandia Area to contribute to every cause. Although we respect and admire all worthy projects, we must limit the scope of our support to levels that are responsible, sustainable and consistent with our mission to improve the financial well-being of our members.
We respond to requests for assistance in accordance with our Community Commitment Policy. The Policy helps Sandia Area to manage the responsibility of allocating a limited fund of financial support to the community in a manner that is fair and responsible to all concerned. Our giving program is budgeted annually and is subject to the availability of funds.
Proposals for support and contributions must generally meet the following criteria:
- Organizations that are defined as nonprofit under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- Organizations or events whose primary focus is on New Mexico communities and our service area
- Projects or programs whose interests and goals are consistent with those of Sandia Area
- Requests from Sandia Area members will be given priority over requests by non-members.
Sandia Area will not provide funding for:
- Contributions to organizations or causes that do not impact the Sandia Area service area.
- The promotion of religious or sectarian causes
- Labor organizations
- The direct benefit of fraternal, civic, social, or other such clubs
- Individual endeavors or needs. Examples are trips, beauty pageants and walk-a-thons.
- Trips, tours and conferences
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, religion or national origin
- Traditionally parent-supported organizations (little leagues, scouts, etc.)
- Groups or organizations that act contrary to Sandia Area’s code of business conduct or corporate policies or any other items which are determined to be inconsistent with Sandia Area's charitable purposes or which are not permitted to be funded under applicable law.
Due to potential conflicts of interests, requests by employees or management of Sandia Area Federal Credit Union that directly benefit them or their immediate families cannot be considered.
Community Commitment Program Application
A Community Commitment Program Application (or a letter that contains the same elements) must be completed and submitted. Please be sure to give ample time for review of your request. A minimum of 60 days for review and action on your request is suggested. All materials submitted in the application process become the property of Sandia Area and will not be returned. A copy of the Internal Revenue Service 501(c)3 determination letter designating the requesting organization as a nonprofit, tax-exempt public charity may be required.Go to main navigation